“Beauty 2 the Streetz serves the homeless by providing necessities alongside the things that make us inherently human.”
Background & Mission
Beauty 2 The Streetz is a 501c3 nonprofit organization founded by Shirley Raines that serves the Los Angeles Skid Row area every Saturday. They provide necessities like hot showers, and hearty meals able to feed as many as 400 homeless individuals. However, what sets them apart is their hope-inducing beauty services like hair wash, color, make-up, and wigs that aim to give the homeless community the feeling of loving what they see when they look in the mirror. Beauty 2 The Streetz documents real people and the conditions they live in and aims to make a compassionate human connection to bring new awareness to the epidemic of homelessness.
- Sign up for B2TS’ monthly updates (Scroll down to “Get Monthly Updates” in the footer).
- Follow B2TS’s Twitter account to view videos recorded by founder Shirley Raines sharing her and her team’s experiences providing services and connecting with the people in Skid Row.
- B2TS have been featured on CNN, Refinery 29, and ABC7
- If you're in Los Angeles you can contact their Donations Coordinator at Beauty2TheStreetz@gmail.com with any donations related questions.
Ways to Help & Donate
Let’s make a change by supporting Beauty 2 the Streetz in any of the following ways that suit you best:
- Purchase selected essential items using their Amazon Wishlist
- Send essential items to their P.O. Box (Please review guidelines before sending items on the organization’s page)
- Donate directly to the organization (using Venmo, Paypal, Patreon, + Cashapp)
Follow Beauty 2 The Streetz
Twitter / Website / Instagram